Saturday, August 13, 2011

Enjoying it While it Lasts!

We are dreading the looming end of summer. So, we are trying to enjoy ever last minute of warm sunshine to the fullest before it goes away all too soon.  We've been going for lots of walks on the greenbelt, walks to the park, walking to Cafe Rio for dinner, walking to Target, meeting Michael for picnic lunches downtown, etc. Pretty much walking everywhere and being outside as much as possible!   Here's some pictures from one outing a couple of weeks ago on the greenbelt.

We stopped and got our favorite donuts on the way taking Michael to work. After dropping him off we headed to the greenbelt and had a little breakfast picnic.  I felt like I was being judged a little bit by all the people out running and biking the greenbelt while we sat and ate donuts!  They were probably just jealous. :)
I love how Emory is so happy about her donut and how perfect her chocolate mustache is!
We found some "baby" apples.
Playing on all the bench art.  Most of the benches around the greenbelt are art sculptures too.
Emory wasn't happy about this for some reason.
One of the few times I caught a genuine smile from Carter.
Emory liked trying to put Carter's hat on and then he would toss it off and she's do it again.  I loved their little smiles in this sequence even though you can't see them great, you get the idea.  They were just giggling the whole time.




Then they ran around the grass giggling.
Climbed rocks...

Climbed trees...
Emory thought it was funny to wear Carter's hat!

0 comments: