For President's day we decided to go to the Natural History Museum at Thanksgiving Point because we'd never been. It was actually really cool! Carter even enjoyed it. We even decided to get a membership for me since Carter goes for free so we have something fun to do during the days when Michael is a school. So, we can go to the Farm Country, the Gardens, and the Museum. So, I'm sure we'll have lots of future posts about our adventures at Thanksgiving Point! If any of you want to go I can take guests for 50% off! Wahoo! Also as you can tell from the pictures, we also enjoyed some Mavs games! Carter and Michael have to wear their jerseys on big game days.
As I'm sure you can imagine, Carter has been getting VERY busy. He is just into everything. He is really in such a fun stage. He has the cutest personality and just is SUCH a good baby. I really have been so blessed. He is almost always happy. He's sleeping really well and on a good schedule. He took his first steps a few weeks and is still just taking a few steps here and there, which I'm good with. He loves to follow me around the house and play hide-n-seek. I'll go crawl into another room as he watches and he'll come in and find me and just giggles uncontrolably when he finds me. It is so cute. He also LOVES to stick things in the VCR! A few weeks ago we were searching for days for the remote. Then when I was at work training the new girl Michael called to tell me he finally found it...in the VCR! Since then I've found DVDs, Michael's cell phone, remotes, toys, etc inside the VCR. If we ever can't find something it is usually there. He also loves going through the cupboards, pulling all the books and movies off shelves, etc. He just loves making messes! He also loves to climp all over his bouncer seat and stand and bounce in it. He's so funny. He also LOVES his stuffed animal monkey. The last few weeks he's been dragging it with him everywhere. It is so cute.
You can't see it very well, but in the background he's pulled some movies off the shelf and I just think he looks cute in this picture! I think he looks so grown up in his hoodie.
He likes to use his high chair like a walker and walk all around the house with it!
Carter and his Monkey
Great News and some kind of sad news....
A few weeks ago we found out that Michael offically was accepted to go on an internship for 4 weeks this summer to Romania! He served his mission there and is so excited to go back. He will be working for the firm that the church uses there whenever they need legal assistance like for getting property, etc. It will be such a great experience for him. Sadly, we cannot afford for Carter and I to go, so we are going to have a little adventure of our own! We're going to stay with my sister's family in New Jersey! We are so excited. Carter is going to have so much fun playing with his little cousins and I'm going to have so much fun playing with my sister! We are going to head out the end of may and come back the first part of July. Michael will get to have some time with us there on the way out and back since he'll have to fly through NYC anyway. I can't wait to go see all the fun places back east and spend time with the fam. Michael also got a paid internship that he started on the 15th of February. He works for a lawyer in Sandy that deals with family law. Our home teacher is in law school at the UofU and he works for this lawyer and said he needed more help. So Michael went in for an interview and was offered the job right then! He works about 10 hours a week and is really enjoying it and the extra money obviously can't hurt.
The kind of sad news is that we have been thinking about moving back to Provo or closer to school just because the commute is more annoying than we initially thought it would be and it is borderline too expensive for us. So, the decision to move was basically made for us yesterday when I came home and there was a note on all of our doors saying that they are raising rent $50 starting in April! We are sad just because we really like the area, ward, friends here, and the apartment is really nice. But it will be nice to be closer to BYU. And things have really fallen into place...some friends from law school have been telling us about 2 apartments opening up in their complex this summer and they are nice places too. It is in Orem. Our contract is up here the end of May so we'll move all of our stuff into storage before we leave for New Jersey/Romania and then the place is available in July...so we'll move in when we get back. So we were actually really lucky that it is working out so well and we won't have to pay rent while we're gone...just for a storage unit! So, I guess that catches us up to now! Hopefully I won't put of posting quite so long next time...but no promises!
9 comments:
jess! i LOVED the pictures of carter!! he is just about the cutest little boy i have ever seen, and i mean it. i've always kind of wanted little girls but i think he has sold me on the idea of a little boy!! that is great news about michael and all the wonderful opportunities he is getting. and moves are always an adventure...but being nicer will probably be much nicer. keep up the good work! i miss you!
p.s. i LOVE the long posts!!
Oh I love this. I'm glad that you posted, my dear. it's nice to read up on your life even though I see you every day. Haha. have a fun day! I'll call you later this afternoon.
Hey Jess! I'm so glad you are a blogger now too. It's so nice to keep in touch with friends. Your little Carter is adorable--of course. He is such a Wilson! Tell Michael that I am a HUGE MAVS fan--I have a crush on Dirk Nowitzski and always make Chad pick him for his fantasy basketball team. I'm glad to hear that internships, etc. are working out for you guys too. Enjoy school while it lasts! I'm trying to talk Chad into going back to dental school (his dad is a retired dentist). Lawyer hours are terrible. Let's get together next time you're in Boise!
Jessie Spano!! I've missed you babe. I just started a blog this month. I'm glad to see you on here. Is there anyone else we know from college that has a blog? Anyways, your blog is cute and Carter is such a handsome little man. You and your family seem awesome. Good luck with everything going on in your life and with your hubby's law school. Take Care.
Stacey
staceyandbrodymiller.blogspot.com
I love all the pics! I have to say my fav is the top one I just want to eat him up. I can't wait until June when I can for a whole month!!! Also I loooove the pic with Michael and Carter in their Mav jersey's from behind. Good work!
Hi Jessica! I'm so glad you guys found us. It was fun catching up on what you guys are doing. Carter is so cute! I can't believe how much he's grown. That's great news about Mike going to Romania--and you going to Jersey. Also, I noticed that you guys know Chad and Amy Hatfield. I actually know them, too. Chad and I went to middle school together, and they are in our stake. Small world. I will have to leave them a message. Anyway, I'm so glad you guys blog now because it's way easier for us to keep in touch with our friends. I'll have Brady call Mike.
Love,
Brady, Sarah and Mya
P.S. Did Michael ever finish Eclipse? Sorry to out him.
Wow, you are a busy girl. Sounds like you are having a good time with your cute little Carter. Glad you found me. Ben is in dental school at UCSF, we will be here for 2 more years. Keep up with the pictures, it is so fun to see what your up to.
Hey there! Its good to see you have a blog and fun to see cute pics of your family! We have one too if you want to check it out: theleavittfam.blogspot.com Take care! :)
Post a Comment