Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Easter

We had a very nice Easter. We got up and the kids checked out their Easter baskets and played for a bit. Then we went to church. Went and took pictures by the waterfalls. Came home and had our egg hunt and naps for some. I made rolls for dinner...notice there are no pictures of those though because they weren't very pretty. I let them rise for too long and they were really sticky. I needed to add flour. I just haven't figured out some recipes here need to be adjusted because of our altitude! We are at almost 5,000 feet (4,944 to be exact) here in Ammon. They tasted good, but just weren't the prettiest rolls I've ever made because the dough was so sticky it was a little difficult to work with. We had dinner with some friends the Thompson's who sadly just moved to Utah this past weekend. :( Dinner was great and the kids had a blast playing. It was such a nice day. Beautiful weather and great time with family and friends!

The baskets...or buckets in this case. I always try to get them pictures of Christ or other things to help them remember the real meaning of Easter. It wasn't as easy not living right by the Distribution Center anymore! Last year Carter got a cute little set of scriptures. The military issue size. But they don't have those at Deseret Book. I really miss the Distribution Center for several reasons!


I got both of the kids Zhu Zhu pets. They are actually pretty cute and fun. The perfect pet in my book. No need to feed, clean-up after, or worry about while you're out of town! :)


Pictures from our Easter photo shoot by the falls. I should have just stopped after this one because it was the best I got! I thought some of the others were kind of funny though and just fun to see the sequence of what happens when I try to get cute pictures of these 2 together.

Carter's expression in this picture makes me laugh out loud every time I see it because it looks so much like a face my brother Gregg always makes. He always makes a funny sound while making this face too. My family will certainly enjoy this picture most!

This was probably the second best picture.

And we just go downhill from here....





We needed a picture to prove we were there too.

We had our Easter Egg Hunt inside. I know, boring, but much easier.


Eating the goods.

Emory though putting her pizza in the eggs would be a good idea.

1 comments:

Emily said...

Cute kiddos! I miss them so much already and it has only been a few days since I last saw them. I LOVE the picture of Carter and his Uncle Gregg impression- I laughed after I read your explanation cuz I know exactly the face and the sound Gregg makes! Hilarious!