I blame Blogger for this recent lapse in posts. I got on and typed this all up and it wouldn't upload my pictures and then was down off and on for like a week it seemed right?! Then Michael's parents came to visit last week. So, that is why I haven't posted for a few weeks. Blogger!
Before I went to Boise I spent a lot of time sewing. I made 2 car seat canopies for my Mom to give as baby gifts and I finally made Emory's quilt that I bought fabric for at least a year ago. Now that I am getting a little more comfortable sewing I kind of wish I had made a patch-work quilt, with this cute fabric, but oh well. I LOVE these fabrics and still think the quilt is cute. Next time I'll try doing patch-work. I didn't take any pictures of the covers I made for my Mom. I got the cutest boy fabric I've found yet. I loved it. It was blues and grays and really cute. I guess you'll just have to trust me! I'll probably get that fabric again, so I'll take pictures next time.
We also started Carter's Live Butterfly Garden before we left for Boise. We got his little jar of 5 cute baby caterpillars and they grow so fast! Then they made their chrysalis and hung for about 2 weeks. They started coming out a few days after we got home. It is crazy how quick the whole process is. I think it was a little over 3 weeks total. It says the temperature should be 55 degrees or warmer when you let the butterflies go. We tried one day, but it was really windy. One took off and flew away and the other 4 laid in the grass, so we brought them back in and waited a few days until it was nice and warm and sunny. It was such a fun little project! I strongly recommend it. Carter loved it. Thank you so much Savannah for the awesome birthday present!

I don't have any pictures of the caterpillars when we first got them and they were tiny. Here they are a few days before they went into their Chrysalises.

Here they are all hanging. You can see one at the bottom. One of the caterpillars knocked him down right after he got in his little chrysalis. He did come out but his wings didn't develop fully and he only lived for a few days. Poor little guy!

Getting ready to set them free...the first day.

Too windy...so we took all but the one that flew away back in.


I totally thought Carter would be afraid to hold them. I don't know why though because he's not really afraid of anything...and he LOVED holding them. Just reached right in a grabbed them out!


Carter and his little friend Lyla chasing the butterflies after we let them go on the nice sunny day.

Here is a shot of one in the grass so you can actually see that they were painted lady butterflies...not just moths. When they have their wings together you can't see the colors.


Emory's blanket...isn't the fabric great?!

Some of you have asked how I keep my house so clean before....here is why! :) Just kidding. Carter has just recently asked to help me clean the bathrooms. He LOVES it...for now. He's my little helper while Emory naps.
0 comments:
Post a Comment