Saturday, September 10, 2011

August Visitors!

In August we had 2 sets of visitors!  My parents came on Monday the 22nd and stayed until Thursday morning the 26th.  Then my sister Emily and her 2 youngest came Friday the 27th and left Sunday the 29th.  We LOVE having visitors.  When my parents were in town we they were wanting to go to the temple since the Boise temple is now closed.  So they did sessions at the Rexburg and IF temples.  They also watched the kids one morning so we could go to the temple too.  We ate at Stockman's (yummy steakhouse) and Olive Garden take-out another night.  Michael and I also went out one night after the kids were in bed and saw Larry Crowne in the cheap theater.  It was actually pretty good!  It is quirky, but pretty funny and refreshingly clean. 
When Emily and Porter and Hudson came we played at the park, went to the Skate park a few times, visited Jefferson County Lake, ate at Cafe Rio and Pizza Pie Cafe (I think I only cooked 2 dinners all week!) Thanks so much for coming everyone!  We had such a great time.

This is the only picture I have from when my parents were in town.  This was at Stockman's.  I think Emory found my camera in my purse and asked Mike to take a picture of her.

This was on a nice little sandy beach by the waterfalls.  This beach just appeared a few weeks ago now that the river is getting low. The sand is SO soft! I am not sure what Carter is doing in this picture.




Emory LOVES her cousin Porter. She did miss Braxton though too I'm sure! :)

Porter was loving taking care of little (or not so little looking in this picture) Emory.

Emily and the boys at the waterfalls.



Porter catching some air at the skate park!

The boys just watched at the park for probably an hour and then decided to try it out....then we couldn't make them leave!  They had a great time and were fearless once they actually tried it.

Emily was nice enough to help Carter on his bike around on some of the hills.

Saturday afternoon we headed to "the beach".  I was actually pleasantly surprised by this little beach.  The sand was great.  The lake was FREEZING! I went out with Carter out to the little floating dock you can see in the back ground and went down the slide a few times.  It was really fun, but seriously so cold that I felt warmer out of the water even with the breeze!  Emory had no fear nor did the coldness of the water phase her.  She just walked right out up to her neck.  She probably would have kept going if I'd let her.


The kids all had a great time playing in the sand and water.

Right before I took this picture Carter said it was the best day ever because we finally took him to the beach!






We finally coaxed Hudson and Porter to go out to the slide.  That is Porter shooting off the end in this picture.  He decided to go out one last time on his own before we left.

These are the best shots I could get of all 4 of the kids together.  


We got home, had dinner, baths and the kids piled in the bed and watched Monster's Inc. and ate popcorn.

Emily and the boys surprised me with this cute picture on my camera.  They went to Sacrament meeting with us and then had to head back home.  Oh...Braxton and Mike didn't come because Braxton had a Scout Camp that weekend and Mike went with him.

0 comments: