Sunday, September 11, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Friday morning we woke up and decided it would be fun to go to Utah for a little trip.  I called up our friends the Stokes to see what they were doing for the weekend.  Sadly for us they were heading to Boise for the weekend, but they said we could still stay at their place.  So, we got on the road about 12:30 and headed down.  We stopped in Bountiful and at at Chipotle for an early dinner.  Then continued on to Sandy where I wanted to go to the Carter's store because they were having 50% of everything and then I had a coupon for an additional 20% off!  So we got a few things Emory still needed for the fall/winter and Carter got new skeleton pajamas!  Then we headed to Ikea...oh how I miss Ikea!  We got a few great things I've been wanting to go for and of course a few things that I saw and just had to have (like a salad spinner for $2.99?! I've wanted one for years, but they are surprisingly expensive, so I've never bought one.) Did I mention that I LOVE IKEA!  We also at a late dinner there at Ikea and then headed to Pleasant Grove to get settled in and get to sleep.  Saturday we met up with our friends the Summers at the Aquarium which Carter has been dying to go to again so he could tough the Sting rays this time. He and Savannah had a great time.  These 2 really just play so well together and always pick-up right where they left off.  I love it!  They're so cute to listen to. The highlights were the sting rays, jelly fish, sharks, penguins, and THE SUMMERS!  
We went home for lunch and nap for Emory.  Carter and I went to the Dinosaur Museum and had a great time there with the usuals.  Then we went back to the Stokes and Savannah and Melissa came over to play at the "teeter totter" park.  Savannah and Carter had so much fun on it at Carter's birthday back in March and both said they wanted to go play on it again.  We walked over there and sadly it was gone!  After a few tears on Carter's part they played on the other things and then we had pizza while Michael watched the big BSU game!  Sunday we went to some random Sacrament meeting at 9.  We wanted to go to our old ward, but it wasn't until 1 which is right during Emory's nap time.  That night we went to dinner at our friends the Harper's and had a great time catching up with them too!  I didn't get any pictures there though.  They have a beautiful new townhouse too.  Carter and Keeli had a good time playing too. 
After dinner we headed to Bridal Veil falls and walked to them and the kids and I walked around a bit in the water there, then we drove by the "fireworks" at FatCats in Provo and drove by all our old apartments.  We have so many good memories in Utah.  I miss it and miss all our friends there so much!  I am happy to be done with school, but that chapter of our lives really was so much fun! 
Monday we went to the Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point and then went back and cleaned up and fed the kids lunch.  Then we went to In-n-Out for our lunch.  Lastly we stopped in Jordan to visit my sweet Aunt Angie and her daughter Kathy and son Tom and his wife Becky.  It was so nice to be able to visit with them for a bit before we left town.  It was such a great little impromptu vacation!  Thanks Summer's and Harper's for getting together with us.  It was so good to see you all!  Thanks also to the Stokes's for letting us stay at your place...we're just sad we didn't get to see you!

At the Aquarium...Savannah and Carter touching the sting rays.

They also got to touch this rainbow boa constrictor named Skittles.  They asked the kids to touch him with 2 fingers....if you look closely you can see Carter waiting patiently with his fingers already to go!  :)

These 2 were holding hands just about the entire day together.  :)

Emory LOVED the penguins which is the tank she is sitting in front off here.


They had the baby sting rays in a separate tank from the adults.  They were pretty cute.


Looking at some jellyfish.



Savannah decided to kiss the frog. :)


The shark...I need to go back and find the first picture we have of him in front of this thing and post them together so you can see how much Carter has grown.

Hugs before Savannah left.  She was so cute to play with Emory too!  (I found this vest at Ikea for Carter it is his Garbage man vest!  Seriously Ikea has everything!)

A nice Sunday evening walk to Bridal Veil Falls.

Carter is sporting his new 5T skeleton.



Our freezing toes!

Emory admiring the goats from a safe distance.


Emory wasn't very cooperative for pictures on this trip.  Michael and Emory on the wagon ride.


I love this picture of Carter.  He just looks so sweet.  He had this sweet expression on his face the entire pony ride.  This really was the best weekend in a very long time for him.  He had such a great time going to all his favorite places and playing with some of his best friends.

1 comments:

Blovelies said...

Oh my goodness! What fun! I hope you guys are still living it up in IF :) Miss you guys!