Tuesday, August 7, 2012

February

The first weekend in February my parents braved taking our kids for the weekend!  They went to the temple in Twin Falls on a Thursday morning and I met them there with the kids that afternoon and they took them back with them!  Michael and I hardly knew what to do with ourselves having a whole weekend without them! We ate out for dinner almost every night I think we just played around in Idaho Falls and went to places we've wanted to go but didn't want to stop with the kids. It was a very relaxing weekend!  Thank you Mom and Dad!  I met them back in Twin Fall on Monday afternoon.  We met at the new Cafe Rio there for lunch.  We happened to run into my friend and High School Tennis Doubles partner Christy!  It was so fun and random to see here there! After that my parents checked in to a hotel there so they could go to the temple again Tuesday morning and we got to use the pool for a bit before we headed back to IF.
Other than that fabulous weekend our February was pretty ordinary.  We played at the house, celebrated Valentine's Day, etc.

Me being a super awkward dork in downtown IF.  This skateboard bench is right outside a restaurant and people were watching me...so you think I would have been motivated to do a cooler pose, but nope it just made me more awkward!

Two of our favorite places in one building!  The Daylight Donuts was just opening next door so they brought free donuts in to everyone eating at Cafe Rio.  Perfect dessert!

I made these reversible capes for the kids for valentine's day.  Kind of random I know for V-Day, but I was going to make them for Christmas, but decided to wait for V-Day!

I was please with how the logos turned out.  I thought for sure they weren't going to work, but they did!

New sunglasses!  Gotta love the $1 section at Target!

Carter's are especially rad!


Emory tried to hard to stay awake for her friend Lia to come over to play, but passed out on the floor about 5 minutes before they go there!

Just looking cute in her favorite spot to pose for pictures!

Valentine's Day table set for breakfast (cinnamon rolls, they were supposed to be heart shaped, but that didn't work out as planned)!

"Heart Attack!"

Playing in their new capes.

Carter singing his name on all of his Valentine's for preschool.


We made several pinterest projects/treats, but this is the only ones I took pictures of. Multi-colored crayon hearts.  Carter took these for his preschool with notes that said "I hope you have a "colorful" Valentine's Day!"

I just love these pictures of Emory concentrating so hard on her coloring!

Emory being silly with her baby doll carseat.

1 comments:

Jen Duke said...

You are a genius. I don't know why I didn't think of sending those crayons as Valentines to other kids. Brilliant! And you are seriously such a great mom! Last, I can't believe you have a pet snake! You are a brave, brave girl.