We had a fun-filled March! Carter had been wanting a pet for months...first he was wanting a tarantula...that was a definite NO! Then we talked about hamsters, cats, snakes, etc. In the midst of these conversations a cat decided to live on our front porch for a week when it was FREEZING cold outside. She was nice, but I wouldn't let the kids touch her. Then one day we went outside to play in the snow and the cat followed us so I told Carter he could pet it since we was wearing gloves and such. The poor cat was shivering. She stretched and I noticed she didn't have any claws! I told softy-Michael who took her to the vet and got her all checked out and wanted to take her in. She got a clean bill of health and was in-fact declawed so we took her in. She purred NONSTOP for the 24 hours we had her. A few hours after bringing her in it was easy to tell Carter was very allergic to her. We had thought maybe Carter was allergic to cats after our last visit to Texas because Michael's parents have a cat, but they had also just gotten a brand new wool rug that was still shedding quite a bit so we didn't know which Carter was allergic to. No we know though...it is cats! Emory and Carter LOVED Migi (That is what the kids named her) and she was such a nice cat. She had pretty blue eyes too. The next day Michael had to take her to the animal shelter. The kids bawled....so did I because I felt so bad for them! It was so sad. Emory still whines occasionally and says she misses Migi or just last week we were at Petsmart and walked by the cat tower things and Emory said "Migi would have liked that." Seriously breaks my heart!
0 comments:
Post a Comment